Considering buying some cheap 7T32 bling

Where to post about 7T32s, 7T59s or other Seiko 7Txx quartz chrono's
jamesam

Post by jamesam »

Is this as much bling as you can get with a Seiko 7T32? At that price, I was considering getting it just so I could wear it and shock some people.

The way that bracelet is attached to that watch, which seems to have a third lug in the middle, I don't understand how you could replace that band with something else that's less flashy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334103288879

Untitled ccc.png
Untitled ccc.png (58.06 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
rsz_7t32-6g20-stainless-gold-ebay-august2021-7.jpg
rsz_7t32-6g20-stainless-gold-ebay-august2021-7.jpg (86.75 KiB) Viewed 4612 times

Seiko7A38
Site Admin

Post by Seiko7A38 »

Jim. I've moved your post to start a new separate topic.

This is not a 'Seiko 7Txx (and other) Age of Discovery' variant (where you'd posted it). It's one of dozens of similarly less attractive blingy 7T32 case and bracelet designs that Seiko produced in the early 1990's. That semi-integrated bracelet, with 'wishbone' inner links is a contrived rip-off of the Tag Heuer 'Link' bracelet design, first used on their S/el range - more photos to be found here, which I've always intensely disliked personally. Indeed, that 7T32-6G20 is a 'poor man's crib of the TAG Heuer two-tone S/el 1/10s chronograph, shown further down that comprehensive Calibre 11 article:

Note the author's own comment in the third paragraph of his article:
But despite its distinctive design and the important part that the S/el played in TAG Heuer’s revival, today the S/el seems unloved by the majority of watch collectors, often for the very reasons that it was popular in the first place -
its design and that bracelet.
Checking your link, I see that it sold yesterday evening. If it was you who purchased it, I trust you read the description:

Up for sale pre owned Seiko Men's Chronograph Quartz watch. The watch is in good physical condition, but it does not run! Will be sold as is for parts or repair. Minor wear on the crystal, case, bracelet.

jamesam

Re: Considering buying some cheap 7T32 bling

Post by jamesam »

No, I’m not the person who purchased it as I eventually noticed that the reason for the mere $60 listing price was that it didn’t run. And even if it was running, I decided $60 was too much just to make some people laugh. But I did appreciate reading your background explanation and seeing the photo of the Tag Heuer watches that Seiko copied.