ISO 7A38-7280 bracelet links / clasp

The place to ask questions; hopefully get some help - and share advice.
epiv

ISO 7A38-7280 bracelet links / clasp

Post by epiv »

Hello!

I'm looking for parts for a 7A38-7280 SS model, specifically links / clasps for the bracelet. I am new to watch collecting and snapped up the watch on Ebay, though it turned out to be just a bit too small to wear. I have dug around the web and am having a difficult time finding parts (and having an equally wonderful time learning about all the different 7a38 models out there).

I tried two clasp extenders, though they both seemed to be misshapen and wouldn't work. I would prefer a link or a clasp upgrade to a 5 hole adjustable (I also have a gold 7000 model that has this).

Could anyone offer guidance on where I can find either of these options (preferably a genuine part to keep the look factory)- thank you!

Seiko7A38
Site Admin

Re: ISO 7A38-7280 bracelet links / clasp

Post by Seiko7A38 »

Ah, the perennial problem of too short Seiko p/n B1627.E bracelets, due to missing adjustment links removed by previous owners. From memory, I first wrote about it here on the old archived forum, 10 years ago back in 2012. I'd placed a WTB advert for links on another watch forum, as a newbie myself, a couple of years prior. Your chances of finding any are frankly slim to remote and if you do manage to, you're likely to have to pay silly money for them.

The most expedient solution is to replace the short non-adjustable clasp (either the cover or entire Z-fold assembly) with a Seiko 5-hole or 7-hole. As you can see from that old thread, I've used both on a couple my stainless 7A38-7280's.

Not many listed on eBay at the moment Stateside, but you may want to try this seller and ask if he'll supply one singly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS,-four-16mm ... 5231330182

If you decide to swap just the clasp cover, instead of the whole clasp assembly, you may find this thread helpful.

epiv

Re: ISO 7A38-7280 bracelet links / clasp

Post by epiv »

Thanks for the quick reply! I did some poking around and quickly got the feeling that links are not something easily found for the watch...

Additional posts are helpful- I'll try the ebay seller as recommended. 16mm is the correct size, I would assume?

Thank you!