Jean-Loup Chrétien's Yema Spationaute III - Mise à jour

Where to post about Cartier Ferrari Formulas, Orient J39s, Yema N7s and N8s, etc.
Seiko7A38
Site Admin

Re: Jean-Loup Chrétien's Yema Spationaute III - Mise à jour

Post by Seiko7A38 »

Seiko7A38 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:29 am I'd followed up with two more emails to William Le Calvez, to which I initially received no response. So I decided some well-deserved negative publicity was in order. I added my comments to a couple of existing threads on Forumamontres and Forum Conquête Spatiale. A few sympathetic replies were forthcoming, but the general consensus was that French auction houses were a law unto themselves. This morning I was considering sending an email to host auctioneers Drouot, lodging a formal complaint, when I finally received a reply from William Le Calvez. Evidently he already has my letter of authentication to hand and wanted my postal address.
Note the date of that quote - September 8th. Naturally, I immediately replied to Le Calvez's email, providing my postal address (which they should have had on record as the winning bidder). Then I waited another month - till 11th October, when it still hadn't arrived - so I sent them another chaser enquiring whether they'd actually posted it. I received a reply on the 14th from an employee of Le Calvez. Evidently they still hadn't mailed it, but were going that day ! :roll:

Yema-SpationauteIII-Jean-Loup-Chretien-WilliamLeCalvez-eMail-14-10-2022.png
Yema-SpationauteIII-Jean-Loup-Chretien-WilliamLeCalvez-eMail-14-10-2022.png (17.6 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

This morning the postman delivered a slightly soggy A4 envelope containing my certificate. It was postmarked 14-10-22.

rsz_p1860022.jpg
rsz_p1860022.jpg (239.05 KiB) Viewed 2246 times

Seiko7A38
Site Admin

Post by Seiko7A38 »

Seiko7A38 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:11 pm Although Jean-Loup Chrétien seemed generally indifferent to the watch that had been specifically designed for his mission, preferring to wear the Omega Speedmaster, there were other French and Russian cosmonauts who evidently appreciated it. JLC's statement: 'Each crew member got his watch' sent me off on another tangent. It wasn't just the Soyuz TM-7 primary and back-up crews who received them, but certain 'long duration' Soviet cosmonauts aboard Mir who were photographed wearing them, so there must have been at least nine of these prototype versions produced.

Aleksandr Viktorenko.......Soyuz TM-7 back up-crew and Soyuz TM-8 (1989).

Unfortunately, during the course of my enquiries, I failed to track down a single Russian cosmonaut who still possessed their watch ....
R.I.P. Aleksandr Viktorenko

On sad note, I read on the French Conquete-Spatiale forum that another Mir-era Soviet cosmonaut has passed away recently. Aleksandr Viktorenko died on 10th August 2023 aged 76. Although he was Soyuz TM-7 back-up commander, I never managed to find a photo of him wearing a Yema Spationaute III; he seemed to prefer Russian-made LCD watches.

Soyuz-TM-8-crew-AleksandrSerebrov-SpationauteIII.jpg
Soyuz-TM-8-crew-AleksandrSerebrov-SpationauteIII.jpg (240.4 KiB) Viewed 432 times

He's pictured above left with his Soyuz TM-8 crew-mate, the late Aleksandr Serebrov, who's wearing his in this photo.

Seiko7A38
Site Admin

Post by Seiko7A38 »

On a more cheerful note, I remembered that 20th August is Jean-Loup Chrétien's birthday. France's elder spaceman is 85 today. So I thought I'd wear his 1988 Aragatz mission flown Yema Spationaute III in his honour. Here's a slightly different photo to the one I posted in the WRUW thread. Bon Anniversaire, JLC ! 🎂🍷

rsz_p1910047-crop.jpg
rsz_p1910047-crop.jpg (242.9 KiB) Viewed 418 times

Seiko7A38
Site Admin

Post by Seiko7A38 »

Remembering this thread from the old archived forum ....
Aragatz - Anniversaire 25 Ans - a celebration of Spationautes - Mis a jour: 30 Ans !
Today is the 35th anniversary (Saturday 26th November, 1988) of the launch of Soyuz TM-7 mission to Mir EO-4 / Aragatz. My apologies for this lacklustre shot of Jean-Loup Chrétien's flown Yema Spationaute III Aragatz prototype (different to that which I posted in the WRUW thread earlier).

rsz_p1950016-crop.jpg
rsz_p1950016-crop.jpg (243.38 KiB) Viewed 288 times