Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: Scope of Forum Topics

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

As you may have gathered, if a subject really interests me, I can be very focused; single-minded. My detractors would call it obsessive, or possibly narrow-minded. :P

I started this site, inspired by Derek’s ‘Whats on your wrist’ blog pages. But I also need interaction – and hence the forum add-on in this package.

My (some would say) narrow field of interest is the Seiko 7A38 and any other makes using the same 15J quartz caliber. As I’ve written elsewhere, most other 7A collectors will own a balanced mixture of 7A28s, 7A38s and 7A48s – maybe even the (literally) odd 7A34. So I’m more than happy for us to talk about those as well, and would encourage others to do so. I'll even admit to owning a solitary 7A28 and a 7A54 pocket watch. :)

However, If you want to talk about vintage mechanical Seiko chrono’s e.g. 6138s, 6139s and the like, may I politely request  that you  take it elsewhere – SCWF is probably the best place.

If you want to talk about Seiko Divers – either quartz (other than 7Axx Divers which aren’t really intended for such extreme use) or auto – please take it elsewhere – SCWF or DWC. Anyone even so much as breathing a word about Seiko Orange Monsters on this forum runs a significant risk of getting banned, incidentally. :D

You’ll note that there is NO off-topic area in the forum. :/ Nor none planned. :(

If you want to talk about cars; motorcycles; mountain bikes; cats or dogs; your wife / girlfriend; D-I-Y / Gardening; Hi-Fi stereo / your latest gadget; boast about your bad tastes in designer wear; complain about your mum’s hip replacement operation that went wrong; play Word Association games or post a link to the latest viral YouTube video ....

PLEASE TAKE IT ELSEWHERE.

Thanks Guys. ;)

January 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Now I’ve written that, in my typical autocratic style ....

Would anyone be interested in adding a 7Txx discussion area ? 

I know a couple of you own Seiko 7T32s and 7T59s, as I also do myself.

Indeed, another collector I know, who I am hoping may join our numbers soon, and once owned what was probably the biggest collection of 7A38s in the world at the time, also owned the biggest collection of 7T59s, including half a dozen 7T59 Masterpieces.

Let me know; it’s probably as close to going off topic as we’ll ever get on this forum. :P

January 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Alan

Yes - I would.

But you knew that really, didn't you ;)

January 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Of course, Simon. ;) But let's wait and see first if anyone else is interested. :|

--
Some watches are made to last only as long as they are fashionable. 
Some watches simply aren't made to last.
Seiko watches are designed to withstand the ravages of both time and fashion. Some day, perhaps, all watches will be made this way.
January 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Sir Alan at January 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Yes - I would.

But you knew that really, didn't you ;)

Seeing as I was adding another category to that forum sub-section, this afternoon - I thought 'What the heck - let's go for it'. ;)

February 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

7ARCool ©

Very entertaining Paul !

I do not see your interest in the Seiko 7A38 as obsessive, It is refreshing to see an individual take a thorough interest and helpful approach to a subject. Keep it up, if you were to change your name to "Mr Seven.A.Three-eight" many would be concerned!  :lol:

Mmmm The 7T59, very interesting piece, getting hard to find. :o

Forum still top of google search!

Regards, Chris.

February 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Speaking of our (watch) obsessions, Gentlemen ....

Don't EVER worry about the number of watches you have squirreled away ! ;)

With apologies for the post and the diabolical pun - but .... Only in America. :roll:

http://www.aol.co.uk/video/crazy-obsession-woman-has-spent-500000-on-squirrel-obsession/517749320/

'Crazy Obsession': Woman Has Spent $500,000 on Squirrel Obsession :lol:

April 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.